Your Wardrobe Unlock'd™ is an award-winning* online resource on fine period costume making.
- New tutorials and how-tos every week
- Unlimited access to our complete archive of over 300 step-by-step articles
- Community support and answers to your questions in the inner circle - our private forum
- Annual Costume Competition with fabulous prizes
- You have control of the articles we commission with comments, voting for our annual themes, and regular surveys.
ALL of the content on the site is unique, exclusive and written either by professional costume makers or by respected hobbyists with years of experience (read about our writers here). Here are some examples:
- Unusual Regency clothing: Serena Dyer of Dressing History looks at real examples of lesser-known Regency styles in order to help you avoid the "standard " Jane Austen costume drama look and come up with something original, yet period correct.
- Victorian Evening Hairstyles: The perfect gown is only complete with the perfect hair and accessories. Professional milliner Lynn McMasters (lynnmcmasters.com) breaks down those seemingly complex Victorian hairstyles and shows you how to recreate them.
- Setting in 18th century sleeves: Katherine Caron-Greig of www.koshka-the-cat.com shows you how, with museum examples and step-by-step photographs.
- Pattern drafting series: Jennie Chancey of Sense and Sensibility patterns shows you how to make your own patterns - and even how to grade them, ready to sell.
- Three Simple Secrets: For beginner costumers, here are the three biggest, simplest things that can instantly take your costumes up a notch.
- Taming the Stash: Not a beginner? Got a stash problem? Here's how to manage your fabric, trim, patterns, buttons, and other costuming materials before they take over your home!
Browse through details of all our articles by exploring the menus above. Don't miss the rest of our free articles, some of which you saw above, which showcase what we do best:
Finally, and most importantly, once you've signed up, you can cancel your membership at any time either by dropping us an email or even by cancelling for yourself from within your Paypal account, for complete control. You will have the opportunity to tell us what you thought, if you wish.
And with your first month half price, you have nothing to lose!
* Nottingham (UK) Creative Business Award 2009 (Digital Media)